June 27, 2005

Joy and Sorrow

:: Congratulations, Ace! Your IQ score is 131 ::

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others. Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace.

Test your IQ? Click http://web.tickle.com/invite?test=3001&type=t

:: A Friend in Need ::

I was wandering around at Carrefour when my friend from standard 4 called. She is 41 weeks pregnant. She just went for a check-up this morning, and the doctor said that her baby is still actively moving. Although she is post-dated, the baby is yet to engage. The doctor suggested for her for C-section, which this is the last thing that she wanted. But, I supposed she already had the answer with her. It is just that she wants a push and support from someone. Which is exactly what I did.

Finally, after the few minutes on the phone with her, she decided to go on with the C-section. She said it is for the baby and hubby’s sake. Reason being, it was hard for her to even conceive and so, she wouldn’t want to ruin the only chance she have. She was afraid to do caesarean. I told her, honestly yes it is very scary, but what is best is for you and your baby. If the doctor said that it would be the best way, so why don’t we just follow. It is more of his area rather than ours to talk about. I added, there is always the second one for normal method.
I am happy for both she and her husband. May they get a blissful, cute and healthy baby and also, welcome to the ‘Parents World’, the sleepless nights, the cries, the nappy change to be shared together. I bet you guys will turn to be the best father and mother. Congratulations both of you, for the new comer.

:: Bersamamu – TV3 ::

Bersamamu is one of the reality shows screened in TV3. However, this is not an ordinary entertaining kind of reality shows. It is more of a charity show. It is to raise a sum of money for the poor, or people in need such as disabled and etc.

This week features a very unfortunate family. They lived in a very basic shelter without any bed, chairs, table or whatsoever. There is no electricity. At night, they will just use the gasoline lamp to give them some light.

The most heartbreaking is to see them eating rice with ‘pucuk ubi’ and snails. I cannot refrain my tears from coming down. It is so sad looking at them. They have 5 kids. The youngest I presume is about a year old or two.

I suddenly realized how lucky I am to have a family by my side, to live in a house, to have cars to bring me from one point to another, to be able to have 5 times of food intake, to have choices of foods for lunch, to have a lots of clothes to wear and lots more. Despite having two ‘special kids’, I am still fine, and we are able to live happily. Watching them really make me feel thankful for all the things given to me. I cherished every moment of my life.

Oh God, I really hope that you would give them strength to live their life. Amin.


No comments: