August 04, 2005

Bubbye July and Hello, August!

July is definitely running for my busiest, challenging and chaotic month of the year. Heh! Never had a hectic month such as this. Earlier before the month of July itself, I have marked in the calendar that I was going to be pretty busy in July with my daughter’s hospital appointments. On the other hand, rather just being busy with the appointments, on 1st July itself I was on MC due to high fever. Since then, my life has never been the same.

I thought I was having a normal fever, but instead the sickness drags until this moment, in which it is already August (I think I am soon to be fully recovered). This would be my longest period being ill.

July recaps :
Early July
I was really sick (high fever) for couple of days. I just lie down in front of the television, not doing anything for 3 consecutive days. However, I need to be strong to show up for all my daughter’s hospital appointments in HUKM, PPUM and HKL. I survived. Heh!

Mid July
I was still sick, though slightly better on the fever but very, very tired plus helpless and been busy running around to and fro, office and customer’s place. Again, I survived.

End July
Finally, end of the month was supposed to be my happiest days in the month because my birthday falls on the 23rd and my Wedding Anniversary on 29th instead it became the most tormenting moments in my life. Although, nothing can stop fate from occurring, right?

I was not getting any better throughout the week, although I get to do a little bit of shopping on my birthday and again, I was flat on my 5th Anniversary… Uwaaaaaaa……… end up having a simple celebration at Manhattan Fish Market. Probably, will catch up with something nicer, wonderful when all of us (my family) have fully recovered from the viral infections.

July Closing - 911
It was last day of the month, 31st. Both my daughters are not well. They have a fever. I gave them Panadol Syrup to reduce their temperature. I believed the Panadol Syrup works because I could see the changes in them. From being quiet to actively playing. Hehe.

That night, Kakak’s temperature rises. I dip the towel in cold water and put it on her forehead. I also wiped her body with it. She then fell asleep. Relieved, I too slept.

Then, in a flash, I was up again. My hubby was up too. Only to witness Kakak vomited blood. We couldn’t digest what was happening. Horrified. Kakak was really hot. She started to cry. Not only she vomited blood. Her nose bleeds. My hubby carried her to the toilet and bathed her. Her nose is still bleeding. Stiffed. Not knowing what to do next. Quickly change our clothes and carried Dedek who was sleeping soundly to the car. Move, move, move. Off we go searching for a 24 hours clinic. Can’t seem to find any nearby. Decided to go to the Emergency in University Hospital.

Luckily, when I registered Kakak, the person-in-charge was aware of the bloodcurdling situation. She speedily skipped the registration part and brought us in to see the doctors. Thank goodness. Thank you very much whoever you are. The next minute, they inform us that Kakak need to be admitted. I was relieved because I know that there is nothing else to be worried about since she is already under their care. They will definitely try their best to look after her. I stayed with Kakak the whole time she’s warded.

And still, I survived. *Big Grin *


My Gratitude

  1. Especially to my hubby – for the care, patience and sturdiness
  2. My parents – being there at all times (I love you guys, so much – Mwahs)
  3. My siblings – being concern (visiting and calls)
  4. My colleagues & friends – for the double dose of care – thanks a lot


Wrapping up, July has been the month full of unexpected events and tribulations. Though, the ordeals have lead me to be a better person, much more mature in the sense of handling difficult circumstances, felt really close with my loved ones, saw the other side of my hubby which sometimes I take advantage of.. hehe.. sorry, Babah! And last but not least, how I really.. really love both my daughters.

This is what you call Facts of Life. I was destined to face this reality and for that, I thank God for bestowing me patience to undergo this painful/rough journey.

Syukur, Alhamdulillah.

So, there goes July and August, may it be full with exciting episode of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, how's alya now? ari 2 X dpt nak borak. saya dpt bayangkan camne awk dgn S cemas.

well, have a nice weekends!

Ace~ said...

Alya's getting better and as always very 'hyper'active...:)

Dah baik sangat lah tuh... hehe