Stayed over at my mother’s yesterday. Weekend is more of a bonding time with families. 2 weekends my mother came over to my place looking after me who was sick and the week before was hanging around while waiting for my brother who took the IELTS test in British Council. Thus, it is now my turn to pay them a visit in Nilai. Reached Nilai at half past seven. Saw my father already waiting outside for us. He must’ve guessed that we will reach just about that time. My daughters shrieked and squealed seeing him opening the gate. Kakak and Dedek both can’t wait to be taken inside by him. In which my kids call my father, Embah Lanang. Hehe.. one nice thing going back to Nilai is because I would get to rest for a short while since my parents will be looking after my kids. Heh!
Oh yes! My younger brother got his IELTS results. He passed with band 7. Yeay! He still can’t beat me. I got band 7.5. Although, it is just a .5 thingy, but still something to be used against him once in a while, when needed.
My brother talked to me about his universities options. Looks like his going to go to Manchester University. The exact same university I went for my first degree. Well, he didn’t have much choice. Manchester University happened to be the top 3, after Cambridge and Imperial College and also the nicest among the rest. Located in the city center surely a plus to it if were to compare with other universities. Didn’t really recommend him to go there, but after putting some thoughts into it, guessed that is the BEST place ever. So, go Man U. Probably, I, myself would get to visit my OLD university and bring those memories back to me. Hmmm…. Those were the days, having tuna and sweetcorn pizza at Pizza Co, lunch with the £1.40 Nasi Lemak/Nasi Beriyani from the Kakak selling at the mosque or sometimes just buy the 30p snickers/walkers from the vending machine for lunch. Gosh!!! How I missed the OLD days. Hanging around with my buddies Joseph, Amy, Keith, Justin, Rex & Neenu.
University of Manchester, thank you for educating me not only in the IT field but also in making me a better, wiser person. Without the opportunity, I am not quite sure where I ended up being. Thank you.
July 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment