“The worst way to miss someone is to have them sitting right next to you and know you can never have them.”
It is indeed a nice feeling to be home sweet home. There are lots of things that I miss.
I miss sleeping in between my two lovely daughters at night. I miss them playing with my hair before they go to bed. I miss Kakak kicking me in her sleep, although it may have upset me when it took place. I miss Dedek pulling my head to face her when she wants to sleep. I miss a whole lot of things. It is just so nice to be able to feel that way again.
How could I not miss this?
I miss driving my red kancil. I miss trying to fix the volume of the stereo in my red kancil. I miss overtaking other slow cars with my red kancil. I miss speeding on the empty highway. I miss driving and talking on the phone at the same time. I miss it when I am already late for appointments that I will speed up to 120km/h. (I tend to forget that I was just driving my red kancil, you know! For a while I thought I was driving a sports car. heheh). I miss having to slow down each time I am at the corner because I am afraid that my red kancil would ‘terbalik’. I miss it, I miss it soo much. But, I don’t miss the part where I have to be stranded due to heavy traffic for hours and hours. Hehe..
I miss how much my friends and I have to think on what we should eat and where we should eat during lunch time. I miss calling up friends to meet up for lunch. I miss doing shopping and facial treatment during lunch hour. I miss the warehouse sales trip every now and then. I miss lunching for 3 hours or more. I surely miss that the most! keh..keh..
I miss rushing home from work to cook for my family although at times, I ran out of idea on what to cook. I miss rushing home and get myself ready just so that we could have dinner outside. I miss the Secret Recipe visit that my family and I have just to eat our favorite cheesecakes. Jangan main-main, Kakak and Dedek loves to eat cheesecake sooo much. As for Kakak, ini mesti di sebabkan penangan Mama nya yang makan cheesecake like everyday masa pregnant kan Kakak dulu ;).
I miss my parents coming over to my place or me and my family going to theirs. I miss the makan-makan session that we sometimes have at my favorite Nilai restaurant (the char kway teow is delicious. Sedap gell siot!). I miss my mother’s cooking especially Mee Rebus, Soto and Pecal. I miss the ‘talks’ that I have with both my father and my mother. I miss the ‘Singapore office’ that I have in my parent’s bedroom.
I miss trying to catch the Korean Series at 8:30pm every Monday – Friday. I miss watching my favorite series like Desperate Housewives. I miss fighting over the remote either with hubby or kids just to watch something that I like. I miss have to end up watching something that I don’t like and instead I will run inside my room and turn on my laptop. Hehe..
I think, it’s never ending on what I miss of having. But, I supposed this is life. Once I am back to KL for good, I think I will miss Singapore too!
I met lots of people and the place where I work is superb. I love where I work and I love the people I work with, although there are times in which I don’t like, but hey! You cannot have it all. You can’t have best of both worlds, can you?
I made lots of new friends. Be it from S***** Singapore, client’s place, the bus trips, the cab rides, and the stay in hotels.
I will miss the rooms that I stayed every time I was there. I stayed in 3 places, N** P*** H**** @ P********, G***** L***M*** and rented a room in Simei. I will miss the so-called ghost in one of the hotel rooms, the sleepless nights due to work, the tele-conferencing from hotel rooms, hot bath in the tub when I am sooo tired and needed a good rest, having dinner and munching junk foods in front of the television.
I will miss the lunch with the Accountants, Auditor and SAP guys. I will miss the lunch at T1, T2, T3 or canteen. I will miss the ice lemon tea, can or home made question. I will miss the gossips that we have every lunch hour.
I will miss the breakfast with my morning partner. I will miss the drinking session with my evening partner and I will miss having the visit to my cubicle by the partner.
I will miss the MRT, the bus rides that I have to take at times. I will miss the cab trip plus the receipts that I asked every time. I will miss the kindness and helpfulness of the taxi driver. I will miss the chats and ‘ceramah’ by some of them too!
I will miss Mustafa Center, the place I get my groceries from. I will miss Bugis, the place where Wani taught me how to take good photos. I will miss Esplanade where Amit and Vin took me for a stroll. I will miss the time when I was out with M, Maung Maung and Colin. I will miss the fun that I had with Gibbs and Wani’s friend too!
You see, when it all has become apart of you and one day you have to leave it. Surely it is something to be missed. Be it you were only there for a while or for very long time.
“It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment