February 05, 2006

The Stopover

Usually, we will use the Gua Musang route to and fro our ‘balik kampung’ ride. However, since we have a couple of days to go before starting work, instead we followed Terengganu. We get to visit Che Su on my hubby’s side in KT, as well as my brother’s house in Kerteh.

Che Su is my mother-in-law’s youngest sister. I was very much closest to her compared to the rest. Being her chatty-self, altruistic and kids-lover, I can easily get along with her. I can simply talk about whatever topic without feeling shy or awkward.

We reached her house at lunch. Che Su served us ‘Masak Lemak Ubi Keling’, ‘Ikan Rebus Goreng’ and ‘Ikan Masak Kicap’. It was superlicious. Yumm. Yumm. Even before we finish our meal, Che Su already suggested the famous ‘Roti Paung’ for tea. Actually, we wanted to leave her house and headed to my brother’s house after lunch, but since she was mentioning the famous ‘Roti Paung’, I didn’t want to spoil the cheery mood. Moreover, I wanted to taste the famous ‘Roti Paung’ myself. I am you know, a ‘Roti’ lover. Thus, we finally left her house at 5pm.

We arrived Uzi’s house (my second elder borther) at roughly 7pm. The entire furniture was different from the last time I came by, in which I cannot recall when. Hehe.. probably 2 years ago? Although, I didn’t manage to chat much with my beloved brother, given that he was working on night shift. But, the few minutes with him was priceless. Really felt welcomed at his home. Thanks, Bro.

I used to be very close with Uzi. I still remember the days when I was younger, when I felt like running away from home, I will get myself on the bus to Kerteh, Terengganu. Haha.. I will stay there for weeks until I have no reason to stay any longer.

I was befriending most of his friends. Since, he was the only one who was married and the rest are single, therefore I was spending most of the time with Uzi’s friends, coupe-guy, doraemon and the-guy-married-very-old-widow. Hehe.. it was cool.

The memories that I cannot forget, I went cycling with coupe-guy and there’s this one time, we were cycling at nowhere, and coupe-guy needs to pee. He asked me to pull over and wait for him, meanwhile he ran into the bushes and pee. He told me not to look. As if, I am going to look, puh-lease! Sheepishly, he got on his bike and told me not to mention this to anyone. Hahah.. ooppss… I have just told the whole world.

Doraemon is a very good listener kind of guy. He talks to me and he listens to my stories. I truly enjoy his company. He calls me Bon, as per what Uzi call me. He always spends me and gives me some pocket money. He is very caring. However, once he was married and me too, married; we somehow, became apart. Last I heard about him, he is working somewhere else at a not-really-safe-country.

As for the-guy-married-very-old-widow, I know him since after SPM. The-guy-married-very-old-widow and Uzi came to SEMESTA to bring back my stuff because I am going back with my friends by bus. I cannot recall, why didn’t I just go back with Uzi instead of taking a bus home? Hmm.. because I want to hang out with my friends? Maybe..

Anyways, back to the-guy-married-very-old-widow. The-guy-married-very-old-widow asked me whether I want to go to Dungun for some carnival thingy. Of course I wouldn’t miss it for the world even though it was just a lame and dull carnival due to me being bored. Hehe..

In the car, the-guy-married-very-old-widow told me that he wants to introduce me to his girlfriend. I was like, cool. The-guy-married-very-old-widow has a very nice looking face, but never seen him with a girl before. I can’t wait to see his other half.

As we were walking at the carnival, the-guy-married-very-old-widow stopped and chatted with few people. I think one of them looks really familiar. Yupp, the old lady was my brother’s neighbor. We continued walking. The-guy-married-very-old-widow then said that the old lady we talked to just now was his girlfriend. I got a shocked of my life. And despite all the dissimilarities, they still ended up being married.

The end of my stopover cum recollections stories… :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do i know 'the-guy-married-very-old-widow'?

Ace~ said...

Erk... tak pasti ler Mel. Maybe kenal kot... tak ingat ler.. dah lama sangat dah.. hehhe