February 12, 2006

Feels Like Giving Up

All this while, I wanted so bad to know what is the cause of my kids syndrome so that I could prevent or avoid it in the third pregnancy. However, when it is towards the end of it, I finally realize that it is of no use.

According to Prof. Thong from UMSC, my kids are either suffering Menkes or Pollitt. In which, he said it is unlikely to be Menkes because normally girls are just carriers and boys are the affected ones. He also added, if it is Menkes, life is truly unfair since both my daughters were affected. The advantage, there is pre-natal check on Menkes syndrome.

As for Pollitt Syndrome, it is a very rare syndrome. Until now, nobody knows for sure whether this syndrome is from genes. And, there is no way to do pre-natal check. If the ratio for Menkes is 1:250000, Pollitt is much more worse.

Either way, my third pregnancy is totally risky. And so, I finally feel as if I am giving up, I mean, I am giving up for more hospital checks. Since, I know that there is nothing much that we can do, thus I would just concentrate on raising my daughters and probably, when things get better in the house, who knows I might just try for another baby regardless of the results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pasal anak2 awak....byk2 bersabar & kuatkan semangat (EXTRA).
hmmm...pasal surau tu..sebab tu kalau time solat, saya g 2.30 ke atas.

Ace~ said...

Thanx Mel for the support... tu lah, patutnya kita ni gi solat awal.. alih, time awal tu lah yang penuh dengan manusia melepaq pulak... *sigh* sedih..sedih...