October 09, 2007

Anjing or Dog?

I was busy baking cookies in the kitchen and hubby was watching television with the kids. Suddenly, I heard :

Kakak : Dog..
Dedek : Anjing..
Kakak : Dog..
Dedek : Anjing..
Kakak : Dog..
Dedek : Anjing..

It went on and on until my hubby got irritated and finally, stopped them by saying that, both of it is correct. Dog is in English and Anjing is in Bahasa Melayu ;).

I wonder whether my kids understand that. And, that’s not it. We do have Javanese and Kelantan dialects used at home too! So, I doubt that they know which is which just yet.

Anyways, having them talking in full sentences is already a satisfaction despite of the language.

What else could a mother ask for, other than ‘healthiness and happiness’ of their kids?

‘Mama Sayang Kamu ;)’

p/s : The fourth raya cookies of the year - Coconut In Love Cookies ;).

Before putting it in the oven

After baking for 20 minutes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum...

hai.. lama saya tak baca blog awak. so dah banyak cerita !!! terutama persiapan raya. tahun nie raya kat mana ???

kuih raya jea... baju raya macam mana, atau belum beli lagi!!! shopping last minit ke..

bye..

salam

Ace~ said...

wa'alaikumussalam...

malam raya dan solat raya di nilai.. lepas tuh, cabut ke kelantan ;). awak raya di mana?

heheh.. as for baju raya, it's a surprise... i'm taking it tomorrow...

bye...