
Yupp!! Today is Nadiah’s birthday. She is 3 years old at 10:49am. Hubby and I decided to celebrate Dedek’s birthday at Swensen’s. Dedek and Kakak had their favourite Spaghetti Meal. Thank God, I did not dress them because at the end of the meal, their t-shirts are full with Spaghetti sauce.. hehe.. Who can blame them? They know nothing… but, I am glad they actually had fun although it was not easy to calm them down...:)
If Alya was born a day earlier than the expected date; meanwhile, Nadiah was born a week earlier. This is how the story goes…..
Approaching Nadiah’s birth, Alya was sick. She had to be warded in Putrajaya Hospital. Reason being, she had infection in her lungs. At that time, I am just waiting for ‘the ever BIG day’. Nonetheless, I never failed to be by Alya’s side the whole time she was in the hospital. Surely, she needed me the most. After 5 days stay in Putrajaya Hospital, Alya’s been discharge. Phew!!! What a relief… because there’s only a week more to go!!!
I went back from the hospital with Alya on Saturday afternoon. Sleeping on the couch made me feel pleased and glad to be able to sleep comfortably on my fluffy mattress. Hehe.. Sure am grateful and thankful. I sleep like a baby the whole night. Probably, because I didn’t get enough sleep in the hospital. I mean, what do you expect, every 6 hours they gave Alya antibiotics and some other medicine; pity her and the Mother of course… hahaha
At that time, I was staying with my parents in Bandar Baru Bangi. My parents had their ‘Kursus Haji’ on that Sunday. Thus, hubby and I just stayed home since Alya was not 100% well yet. At some of the time, I felt a bit ‘weird’. Then again, I wasn’t sure whether what I felt was contraction or not. Furthermore, the feeling was not for long and plus it can’t really be measured. In my head, yupp… it was a sign. I told my hubby that we would go to hospital after my parents got back.
I put Kakak to sleep and I iron my clothes and get ready to go to hospital. Again, an indescribable feeling surge in my body; I panicked. I called my mother. Told her that I had to go to hospital now and ask her to come back to look after Kakak.
In the interim, I told Ayie to watch over Kakak (she was sleeping). Hubby and I make a move and saw my parents turn in to our area. Gave them the ‘I am going to hospital’ signal and hurried off. In the car, I started to feel as if I want to start pushing. But, I did not want to make my hubby panic. I kept quiet until we reached the hospital. The time was 10:40am, I was at the parking lot when I felt like ‘PUSHING’. My hubby scolded me, of not telling him earlier; I was like duh.. as if I know what the feels like? Rite?
Speedily took the lift to 2nd floor and told the nurses nearby that I am in Labor. One of them saw how ‘urgent’ it was took a wheelchair and push it for me to sit. She informed the labor room is downstairs. Gosh! She pushed me into the lift and again, I felt like pushing.
“Kepit kaki, Kak! Kepit! Kepit!”
I did what I was told. The funniest thing though was when I reached the labor room. I purposely wore pants to ensure that if I were to give birth my theory would be it is harder for the baby to slipped thru the pants compared to a skirt or whatsoever… hahahah.. very funny, I know!!
Eventually, I was in the labor room, I cannot stand it and I feel that it was TIME.. here is the thing; I voluntarily opened my pants in front of everyone in the room and lie myself down on the bed. Oh my goodness! Can you imagine that? How embarrassing it was when I realized what I was doing.. but it happened in split seconds. I was in a ‘911’ mode and to me; that is the BEST thing to do… Mwahahaha..
The nurse check my ‘openings’ and guess what? It was 10 cm and yupp.. it is SHOWTIME, babeh!!! One, Two, Three… PUSH… woohoo! Here comes the head.. next the body and… the placenta!!!
Alhamdulillah, at 10:49am, I safely delivered a BABY GIRL. My hubby called my father and soon after my father reached the hospital. My father was shocked because he just send my mother home and continued his way to the Mosque for the ‘Kursus Haji’ and now, before he even got the chance to get to the Mosque, my hubby already called to say that I have delivered. Swiftly, he came to the hospital.
Hubby and I always knew what to named Alya. Yet, for our second daughter we actually did not name her until the 7th day. We actually wanted to name her by Amirah or some other names starting with ‘A’, but somehow Nur Nadiah just seems to fit her well. It was a SUDDEN naming and the name was beautiful and suited her BEST.
Happy Birthday, Kiddo!!!
Love you to the Max,
Mama Ace~
No comments:
Post a Comment