Today is my ex’s birthday. I normally refer him as the ‘advert guy’. Reason being, he always comes in my life, just like an advertisement. He’ll suddenly ‘muncul’ out of no where. I was with him only for a few months, well, he is a great guy but, he is just a friend to me and never more. Sorry.
Anyways, as like every other years, I will sms him a birthday wish. We don’t really contact each other but, birthdays, festive celebrations are the only time we will re-connect ourselves.
However, today was a bit different. He didn’t even replied ‘thank you’ for the wish but I took it that he is either busy or he probably changed his number.
Suddenly, while I was driving home from my brother’s house in Shah Alam, my phone rang and his name appeared on the screen. I answered the phone with a “Happy Birthday to You”. But, somehow, at the other end of the line does not sound “happy”.
He was like, wanting badly to talk but, he just can’t seem to express it out. I found it strange. I am sure that something must’ve been wrong.
Unexpectedly, he blurted out, “I’m getting a divorce”. I am like, huh! Gosh! This is like, the second time that I heard this scary word this year. I didn’t know how to react. I just ask the first few questions that popped in my head like, you have someone else, so how does your wife take it, aren’t you even going to try and fix it? And, he was like, how did you know?
And, to make ME feel worst, he said something like, I found someone LIKE YOU. What??? We were not even together for long? But, anyways, that is beside the point. The point is, he really cannot save the marriage anymore. He said there’s no more love left.
I am speechless. I didn’t know what to say other than just listen to him. I tried to register his words, one by one. Somehow, it is difficult for me to digest. He did things that are unlikely of him and I really hope that, he will do the right things, the best things for everyone. Be it for his kids, his wife and himself.
March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ade kah aku kenal "ex" ko tu aini??
aku lee
-zaza-
cukuplah kalau aku saja yang tahu...
Post a Comment